Thursday, December 9, 2010

December 2010 ALREADY !!

Since my last blog on June 13th much has happened. That very evening of the 13th my mother passed from this earth life to the next. I hope her journey thus far is a pleasant one and that she knows we are all doing ok. She had a very quick and quiet passing and was able to be in her own home when the time was there.

We had her memorial services in July when many of her family members were able to come from various parts of the country and one of her cousins, a retired Baptist pastor, even conducted the service. It was very nice.

My sister, Sharon, came to live with Owen and me for a couple of months while she decided what she needed to do about her job, and where she would live. We enjoyed having her in our home and I was actually kinda sad she decided to move into her own apartment. It is right next door to me, so she is still "here" which is great. I love having a sister so close. She is alot of fun.

We enjoyed our trip to California to Elise's graduation and had alot of fun with Sherry's family. We actually got to attend Zacariah's graduation from Jr. High as well. Hard to believe he is a high schooler already and that Austin will be missionary age in just two years. They are remarkable young men who make their grandparents very proud.

Elise is going off to Rexburg the end of this month to begin her persuit of a higher education at BYU Idaho. She is excited and so are we.

Joe and his family were here for the Thanksgiving holiday. I truly admire what good parents he and his wife are to their two VERY busy little boys. They told us we will be having another new grandbaby come the end of June or the first of July. That will give them 3 under the age of 3. Whew!! We are hoping for a mild mannered, quiet little girl this time. Jen needs a break..

We are trying to get ready for Christmas. I have begun baking and trying to get that all ready for my visit teaching route and as neighborhood gifting. Still need to get my packages in the mail for a timely delivery, but that is a work in progress.
We had a real treat tonight when all the youth and their leaders came caroling at our doors. There were about twenty people on our front porch. It sounded beautiful and I felt loved.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas. Hope you are all well and can truly enjoy this wonderful season remembering the true gift which was given to us all.

No comments: