Sunday, June 13, 2010

I have been really bad about doing this blog thing for quite a while now.
Much has been going on in my life, and seems that all I get around to is checking my Face Book page and attending to my other daily lists.

We are leaving on Monday to go to our oldest granddaughter's high school graduation. That is really a surprise to me..not that she is already so grown up, but that my life has flown by so quickly. Where did time go? Seems that it was only a few weeks ago we had this beautiful little girl come into our lives. I was just amazed that I could possibly love someone else's little girl as much as I had loved my own baby. I soon realized Heavenly Father truly does give us a little of the capacity to love as He does. We now have nine wonderful grand babies, and the love just keeps growing.

This year, so far, has been a stressful one with my mother's health so rapidly declining. She is now at home living with my younger sister and with the help of Hospice. She is really nearing her time to leave this life and go on to the next. On Monday this week, she was able to get herself to the bathroom and to chose her clothes and get dressed on her own, by Wednesday that had stopped and as of today is totally unable to get herself up and out of bed or her chair without help. Sleeps most of the time and very restless. Quite a lot of discomfort so is on small doses of Morphine to keep her comfortable, so sleeps most of the time. I never dreamed she would become so feeble. I guess I always thought she was some kind of a super being, because she had been such a hard worker and always busy. I guess we all have to realize we are just mortals and have to leave this life someday. I just hope I can make my transition easily.

I am ready for the trip to Sherry's and her family this coming week. Owen and I are actually going to try to vacation a little and spend a couple of nights on the Oregon Coast on our way down. I know my mother is in good hands with my sister, and our son Joseph will come over this week to help out with the care as well. He is really awesome with his sweet attitude and willingness to help with her care. He is laid off right now, so it is a little bit easier for him to be here. His wife is such a sweetheart to share him with us. It has to be a great sacrifice for her to have him gone. He does bring their oldest son with him to help her out so she isn't loaded down with two little (busy) boys under the age of three.

I will post more when we get home, hopefully I'll have some nice photos to share.

1 comment:

Judie and George said...

I am sorry about your mother. It's really hard. And after it is all over, we face our own mortality and know that we will be next. Hope you have fun being out and about. We love the Oregon coast about as well as anyplace. Sounds like fun. We are keeping busy with our downstairs, which is soon to become our little home. Honor and Matt have decided to move in August, so that will get here quick. Our oldest will graduate next year. Seems like time really does fly! My best to all of you.