Saturday, July 12, 2008

I keep trying to post a note, but so far have deleted all of them, so here goes again...

First of all I want to thank Sherry for encouraging me to give this a try. I think this will be a great way to keep in touch with family and friends and hope to reconnect with old friends.

We have lived in the Wenatchee valley since 2002 and can truthfully say we do like living here. We enjoy all four seasons and lots of fruit trees. It is amazing how much fruit is grown and shipped from this area. On of the big pluses is that we have very few bugs,mosquitoes and flies around here, and I am sure that is because of all the orchards and the care of them. We live about 1/2 mile up the east side of the Columbia River between the Rock Island and Rocky Reach Dams. We have plenty of sunshine right now and have also had more than enough wind, which is causing some problems with the fire situation around here. Several of the families in our ward have been dealing with allot of smoke, but thus far no loss of property. Aaron travels up to Waterville every day for work and has had to deal with the smoke and some grass fires up there all this week. He has lived over here since December after his divorce. He really went through and still is going through a horrible ordeal. I am just thankful we are here to stand by him. I am alos grateful for a good ward faily who have rallied around him. It is still very hard for him though.

I am excited for this coming Saturday, I am planning to go to the Seattle Temple to meet up with my sweet friend, Isobel, to do some family names there. I miss her and wish we were still close neighbors, but I just can't get her to move over here. Maybe she will come visit me soon.

Thanks to Sherry's blog,
I have been able to catch up a little with some of the people who meant allot to me when we lived in the Puyallup Stake so long ago. It is hard to believe George and Judie's baby boy is on a mission. Just seems impossible that he is already old enough for that. I also saw Halvorsen's blog via my daughter and was simply amazed at how grown up and beautiful their sons are. They must be so please to see how they have grown and no longer make messes with the syrup in the family room in the wee hours of the morning, or has that changed yet Koleen? Any way good to catch a glimpse of you all.

I will get some photos posted very soon so you can see how we are surviving our middle years.Til later.....

2 comments:

familybrew7 said...

I am so glad to see you here and hope you enjoy this as much as I do!

Judie and George said...

Many thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. Now that I know how to find you I will be checking in to see how you are doing. Since Mom has been on Hospice, blogging has become important to me because I cannot get out much. Today I needed the encouragement I got at church as I was depressed and close to tears. Your note cheers me and feels like a hug. Thank you so much! I look forward to blogging with you!